026 keeps burning out plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydub

Reaction score
My 026 keeps burning out plugs. Almost every time I use it, It's got no spark and needs a new plug. The plugs are not fouled. They look fine.

Bad ignition module??

Any thoughts?

Possibly bad gas or a change is gas/oil ratio? Ignition module bad? Change in spark plug type or heat range?

I'm no MechTech,

but if you're frying plugs I'd have to say the ignition module or something is causing way too much juice to be sent to your plug. I don't think bad fuel or a new mix ratio would fry a plug; foul it maybe, but not cook it.

Hopefully one of the real MechTechs (sedanman, stihltech, others) will post some detailed info.

Pehaps a stupid question, but do you have correct plug?
Maby a heat number up or down will do some good?

You have the right plug according to manual, or saw?
It seems to me a colder plug might be worth a try.

I seem to remember something about a problem with the Radio interference resistor burning out in a certain bunch of plugs. Can't remember brand. They were supposed to be gone from the shelves.

The capacitor in the ignition module is shot. And no, it is not replacable. You have to replace the whole module.

Dirt troll, can you tell me how this is tested for. What would be the nature of the failure of THE ignition module capacitor? Short, open, grounded,or leaking? What does it do to the voltage and current the sparkplug sees?

Switch from the Bosch plugs to champion, buy fuel from a different vendor, and get a
new air filter.
I am serious about the plugs too. Just try the Champion plug first, and see what
happens, say a cj7y.

Please start calling me "ElectroluxStihlTechFishMan". I have an Aluminum
degree from Stihl USA, a masters from Mobil Syn University, a minor in
Scatology from some backwater Michigan college, which my major and
ass. degree was in bouvine husbandry and forestry{double}, and I once
worked the curb at a Frisch's Big Boy.
But I am serious about the Bosch plugs, I have had trouble with them
fouling out, big time.

My experience with Fish's diagnosis is that he is right most of the time.

So try a Champion CJ7Y, if it works its a real cheap fix.

Lobo said:
My experience with Fish's diagnosis is that he is right most of the time.

So try a Champion CJ7Y, if it works its a real cheap fix.
Yeah, I'll agree with Lobo's experience--Fish is always right, except for when he's wrong. :cool:

Back