026 kill switch lever spring. Argh!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no ethanol in Alaska, so can I just use some fuel line for the oil line, or another common line found at auto parts store? Stihl dealer here takes weeks to get parts in, and they dont know much

I LOVE Alaska. Have taken several inside passage cruises and one time went inland to Denali. If I were a young man again, I would move there and spend my life there. And the people there still have common sense, unlike many of the lower 48 states.

(See edited post above about oil line)

Well if that's the case, time to start looking for parts. My local dealer is a joke, any recommendations on where to buy from?also need oil line from pump to output hole, and a few other odd bits.
You can use standard Stihl 3.1x5.7mm fuel line for the oiler hose. Works great!... Done it several times. No issues. Other/AM hoses probably won't fit.

You can use standard Stihl 3.1x5.7mm fuel line for the oiler hose. Works great!... Done it several times. No issues. Other/AM hoses probably won't fit.
If only getting something that simple didnt take 3 weeks.. living in the middle of nowhere has giant upsides and downsides. If anyone has a few inches of fuel line, and possibly other things I need, I got PayPal, cash in mail. Whatever works for you works for me.

Will heat create an issue for fuel line next to the clutch? thinking 026 is similar to the 034...and the 034 has a spring in the line..

Will heat create an issue for fuel line next to the clutch? thinking 026 is similar to the 034...and the 034 has a spring in the line..
Heat doesn't appear to be the issue... With the 034 series it is the sharper bends in the line which cause issues.

For the 260 I figured this out when a 026/260 oil pump conversion kit had standard fuel line for oil line from the factory!

Heat doesn't appear to be the issue... With the 034 series it is the sharper bends in the line which cause issues.

For the 260 I figured this out when a 026/260 oil pump conversion kit had standard fuel line for oil line from the factory!
I will try to remember this. Thanks for your explanation.

Back