026 lives again.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just an update to the 026 that was given to me by a lady i did some work for. I cleaned her thoroughly and put a new cylinder kit on with a decomp valve and repaired/ cleaned the carb, now the saw screams at full throttle and oils great, i put a new 16" bar and chain ( Stihl of course ). It ran fine for about a minute than bogged down and than ran great again, not sure what happened except dirt/debris in the carb etc.... The fuel line was rotted out so i took the part that goes into the hole under the carb and ran a clear Stihl fuel line through it, works for now, new line on order i just could not wait to hear it run ( Amazing what a ball point pen tube can be used for, i pushed it through the rubber grommet and removed the ink refill and slid the new fuel line through it and removed the pen tube after, so i get a good seal. ) Anyway great to have her working, it probably sat for a few years as the chain was rusted where it could not move on the bar when i got her. I will post some pic's later.

Doc

Last edited:
doc874 said:
Just an update to the 026 that was given to me by a lady i did some work for. I cleaned her thoroughly
Doc

Got any videos of that?:biggrinbounce2:

No video, tough to hold the camera and feed the line through the grommet. The original black fuel line was rotted out the only usable part was that grommet piece that fit into the hole, the hole in it was to say the least, abit small and the clear fuel line would not make a snug fit into the opening so i thought on it for awhile and came up with this, it is based on the same principle as an IV needle, except in reverse. I will take a pic of it and post for you. So far it seems to work well.

Doc

Aaaah yes i see the error's of my ways. Well the thought to CLEAN HER, was also there but i don't think she'd want to be totally cleaned out with carb cleaner and degreaser and i sure would have second, third and even a fourth thought on that as well, i really wouldn't want to waste my cleaners. LOL. Now get yer mind outa ta gutter. Heres some pics of the fix/mod and my new toy ( 1st Stihl ) i know she ant pretty but she's mine and runs like a dream and she won't take ya to da cleaners if she ever leaves. Lol.

Doc

Last edited:
What do you mean "she 'aint pretty"? Looks pretty damn good to me!!!

We are talking about the saw, aren't we? :monkey:

Back