026 mod sugestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guarddog1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey I am getting a 026 and I am looking to really mod it I am looking for suggestions. I will do the normal remove the gasket and adjust the squish to .015 and widen ports I will degree the crank and adjust ports back to stock timing. I am wondering if anyone is aware of a higher compression piston that can be machined to factory specs with a dome. Also if there is a two piece head available with out cutting mine. I think an 044 carb will fit so I will probably go with that. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

What is it going to be used for? Racing or work?

.015 seems a little tight for work. I believe a huksy 50 or 55 piston will work but not sure what has to be done to the dome or skirts. You are going to want a pro to do a 2 pc. head, that will be the best way for high compression. The 044 carb is the best mod imo, really wakes that little saw up.

Finally got the 044 carb on my 26. What a deal! Runs great! Lot of work though. Luck.:givebeer:

work?

what was all involved?

I"ve got a couple 026's i"m gonna play with over winter.... I may look at that option.

Hey, i also have a 026 that i find gutless, it does its job of saving my back but i wouldnt mind squeezing something more out of it. Im also curious as to whats all involved? did you have to purchase or modify any other parts other then the carb?
did you have a 044 parts saw and just play with parts? :cheers:
thnx travis

Hey, i also have a 026 that i find gutless, it does its job of saving my back but i wouldnt mind squeezing something more out of it. Im also curious as to whats all involved? did you have to purchase or modify any other parts other then the carb?
did you have a 044 parts saw and just play with parts? :cheers:
thnx travis

Here you go check this out this is now one of my favorite saws to run this thing screams. Cuts very very well.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=109702

Back