026 MS260 questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My '08 MS260 has lost compression and the top end is spanked. Carbon scored badly and piston is cracked....but she still runs! Lol.
Anyway, I have an 026 that seems to have low hours, but the case is corroded very badly. Cement floor syndrome , is my guess.
The MS260 is the 44.7mm bore and the 026 is 44mm... though, despite using 3 different micrometers, it's measuring at 43.79mm...so I'm guessing it's 44mm.
Is there a "feelable" power gain with the 44.7mm or should I just swap them and not look back.
Both are "Pro" models, both are Mahle.... which is why I hesitate to order a new P&C. Last time, my dealer gave me NWP stuff, but that was for a 371xp/2071....I'm not knocking NWP, as the bearings and P&C are still going strong at almost 150 tanks....though she's a shelf queen because the MS462c is just phenomenal.
The little MS260 is well over 250 tanks.... for reference.

Excellent. Thanks.
I fully intend on pressure/vac testing it. 12 year old rubber with hundreds of warming cycles, isn't exactly ideal.

Latest posts

Back