026 not playing nice.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seals done, vac pressure test all is golden but saw is still not running correctly. I will swap out another good working carb and see... very strange indeed. today it just would not start and the LA does nothing when it does run. It acts like it has an air leak but it does not. I am enjoying this process BTW. No decomp so that is not it.

Seals done, vac pressure test all is golden but saw is still not running correctly. I will swap out another good working carb and see... very strange indeed. today it just would not start and the LA does nothing when it does run. It acts like it has an air leak but it does not. I am enjoying this process BTW. No decomp so that is not it.
Does the LA screw actually move the throttle plate?

Look for a leak in the impulse line/passage (don't know if it is external or internal on that saw).

Got the saw home and gave it another once over. pulled off the carb and checked the LA and it does move a wee bit, looked at another carb, WT194 and it too moves it a little. so I put another carb on and fired up the saw. held at 2600-2800 the whole time, LA now working properly. What is odd is the carb did " test " ok. The carb I am running is a spare one, old diaphragms et all. I will not jinx it. Many many thanks to all. I did learn a great deal and gained that much more comfort in working on these little beasties.

Latest posts

Back