026 PRO chain oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emoyer

Reaction score
My 026 PRO is having some serious chain lubrication issues. The oil comes out but runs down the side of the bar and out the bottom of the saw. I have cleaned the bar and nothing seems to work. The bar works fine on my MS260 so that tells me it's an internal problem. Any ideas on what would cause such a condition?? I do not believe the pump to be the cause but don't have enough experiance to tell.

The oiler is located behind the clutch. Remove the spark plug and push a little length of rope part way into the cylinder. This will stop the piston and hold the crankshaft while you turn the clutch off. It has left hand threads, turn it clockwise to remove.
Once the clutch is off, blow it out and you will see the oiler and probably the problem. I suspect the feed hose is broken or fallen off the pump.
If it's oiling, the problem is between the oiler output and the chain.:D

more specifics?

what exactly do you mean by running down the side of the bar? do you literally have streams of oil running down each side of your bar while your saw is running?

or do you mean when your saw sits, bar oil comes out of the bottom of the slutch cover?

welcome to the site btw

Last edited:
The oil drips down the side of the bar when the saw is at operating RPM's while testin the oiler. It drips down around the chain tensioner and clutch. Globbs of oil soaked chips will fall out the bottom of the saw. It's pretty messy stuff. I have compared the oil output of my two saws and found them to be nearly identical. That is I took the bars off and observeed the amount of oil running down the side of the saw. Seems to consume it as well. The tank was full prior to testing and is now only half full. Same with the gas half full.

open her up and have a peep at the root of the problem

follow mr maas' instructions have a look and report back...

Latest posts

Back