026 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docwiley

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 026 running 3/8 chain and 16" bar. Am wondering if porting the muffler will make a big difference in the way this saw cuts. I also use a 361 and love this saw, just wish my 026 was a little faster. What is the easiest way for me to get a little more power and speed out of the 026? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

yeah a muffler mod will noticably increase the cut speed

026 is very easy to do a muffler mod on, just check you have an ajustible high speed jet, pull the limiter cap so you get full adjustment, then pull the muller cover and open up the hole to 3-4 times the existing size and retune.

easy. pull the muffler cover off pull the spark screen out and drill some exstra holes or inlarger the single hole to twice its size. or even more if you have an adjustable high speed H jet

Thanks for the help guys. I will look when I get home and see if I have a h screw. If not, how do I adjust??

if it is a fixed H carb it would probly be safe to go twice its size. it should still burble alittle

my fixed H 026 is running a single 3/4" outlet i worked my way up to this size

Agree, most times the fixed jet carbs error on the rich side, but they do vary and if cutting at low elevation and cold weather you could put it lean by opening up the muffler. Swaping the carb out for the few bucks it costs is the way to go.

Good thing there are not many of those fixed jet 026s, not about this area anyway.

On a side note though if you don't know if your saw has a fixed jet or not it says to me you have likely not done any carb ajusting on it. It is a lot easier to spend a little time getting accostomed to adjusting and tuning a bone stock saw before venturing into trying to adjust one once modified.

Latest posts

Back