026 vs. 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealer will give me a 346xp for my 026 and $225.00 it has a green fuel cap is that the new one.

my 026 has been pretty faithful!

so never had a reason to try out 346xp. guess I should keep an open mind...

I love my 026 but the Husky 350 out-cuts it and is smoother to operate. I would assume the 346 would be even better. It is way past time Stihl updated the 260. Regardless, I find myself picking up the 026 and the 350 about equally. If you were to buy the 260 I doubt you would regret it unless you hang around here too much.

I love my 026 but the Husky 350 out-cuts it and is smoother to operate. I would assume the 346 would be even better. It is way past time Stihl updated the 260. Regardless, I find myself picking up the 026 and the 350 about equally. If you were to buy the 260 I doubt you would regret it unless you hang around here too much.

You are close!!!! I personaly wouldn't buy either!!! Owned both, my 350 runs better than either ever thought of!!!! I'd save some green and buy another 350 while I still could.

026 vs 346xp

Dealer will give me a 346xp for my 026 and $225.00 it has a green fuel cap is that the new one.

You have last of the E-Tech 346xp saws. The green gas cap version has a cat muffler and I think a rev limiter coil too.
I just bought one a few weeks ago. I sent my saw to have it woodsported. Should be back by the first of the year I hope.

If it has a decomp valve and a gray clutch cover it is the new one, if not it is the old one.
There are more differences, but those are the easiest ones to explain.

The new 50cc ones have a rev limiter, and lower max rpms than the old ones - but they are much stronger anyway. It is not a specialized limbing saw anymore, more of a small allround saw - like the Dolmar 5100S.

Last edited:
You are close!!!! I personaly wouldn't buy either!!! Owned both, my 350 runs better than either ever thought of!!!! I'd save some green and buy another 350 while I still could.

Don't wait too long!

I'm getting mixed signals as to when, but at some point the 350 will go away as it is being replaced by the 450, which is already out.

The 350 is great in the bang for the buck category. Doesn't get a lot of respect here cause it isn't a "pro" saw and has a plastic crankcase. IMO, if you only want to spend $300, it's the best saw you can buy, hands down.

Don't wait too long!

I'm getting mixed signals as to when, but at some point the 350 will go away as it is being replaced by the 450, which is already out.

The 350 is great in the bang for the buck category. Doesn't get a lot of respect here cause it isn't a "pro" saw and has a plastic crankcase. IMO, if you only want to spend $300, it's the best saw you can buy, hands down.

I hope the 450 is as good as the 350. When anyone asks me what saw to buy for occasional firewood I always show them the 350. So far it has proven to be good advice.

Has anyone done an actual review of the new 346 after a few week's ownership? I don't remember seeing one other than specs and speculation.

had my 346 xp since may its an amazing saw definatly recommend

Back