• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 028 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Base gasket is removed and muffler opened up. Runs great. B&C has seen very little use. 18" .325 .063. 225.00 + shipping.

View attachment 396199 View attachment 396200 View attachment 396201 View attachment 396202 View attachment 396203 View attachment 396204

Very nice. If I dint already have one in similar condition- I'd be all over this! My favorite saw out of all of my saws. Just currious, did you have to pad up the base with anything after the gasket was removed (with any material thinner than orig base gasket) or did you go metal to metal. Also, are the spikes/roller catch an optional stilh 028 part or are they from another model? I'd like to add catches to my older saws (that have the clutch cover spike added), but when I use kits from other Stihl models, I often run into an alignment/off-set issues (part #'s please). GLWS! Shouldn't last long.

Very nice. If I dint already have one in similar condition- I'd be all over this! My favorite saw out of all of my saws. Just currious, did you have to pad up the base with anything after the gasket was removed (with any material thinner than orig base gasket) or did you go metal to metal. Also, are the spikes/roller catch an optional stilh 028 part or are they from another model? I'd like to add catches to my older saws (that have the clutch cover spike added), but when I use kits from other Stihl models, I often run into an alignment/off-set issues (part #'s please). GLWS! Shouldn't last long.

Cylinder base is metal to metal. The spike kit is this same kit as the 261. But I will check part number for you tonight after work. Fit up was good with this kit.

Also, are the spikes/roller catch an optional stilh 028 part or are they from another model? I'd like to add catches to my older saws (that have the clutch cover spike added), but when I use kits from other Stihl models, I often run into an alignment/off-set issues (part #'s please). GLWS! Shouldn't last long.

1135 650 7700 I could not find the receipt but I checked the OEM part number for inner spike on 028, 261 and 362 all the same. Checked outer spike part number on all 3 saws with same chain catcher kit and numbers match. So that number is from the 362 IPL for kit. Kit fitment on all 3 saws were fine, it seems like the outer spike bolts for 261 were a little short but I had the correct length at work.

1135 650 7700 I could not find the receipt but I checked the OEM part number for inner spike on 028, 261 and 362 all the same. Checked outer spike part number on all 3 saws with same chain catcher kit and numbers match. So that number is from the 362 IPL for kit. Kit fitment on all 3 saws were fine, it seems like the outer spike bolts for 261 were a little short but I had the correct length at work.

Thank you so much for the info. I was wondering if it was the 362 kit- another member mentioned that kit to me for another One of my saws, but I never cross-refferenced the part numbers to see if it was the same one/would also fit my 028 and 036. Looks like you answered my question for me and it will work out just fine. I really don't need two 028s, but man this thing is "Super" tempting. My favorite saw bar none! Maybe I should just get it and put it on moth balls for when I eventually wear out mine one day... Hummmm

Latest posts

Back