031 av rope problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerehunter

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys, my 031 has a little problem. After I start it, the rope wants to hang out way more than I would like. I am assuming that the spring is either shot or I dont have the tension set right on it. Im not really understanding what they are saying in the manual as far as setting up the tension. The weird thing is that when i shut it off, sometimes it will pull the rope in tight right to that handle like it should be. I think I even noticed the rope getting fed out while i was running it yesterday. I ended up wrapping it up around the handle so I didnt cut it off with the chain (not safe). any ideas?

sounds like

sounds similar to a weakening spring. try one more wrap, if it still will not stay in properly you need a spring:)

:givebeer:

Spray some type of lub ( WD-40, etc...) under the rope pulley when you try adding another wrap. Also may consider takeing the pulley off and cleaning it all up. Be sure to loosen the rope tension before takeing pulley off.

Back