032 rebuild options?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thompsoncustom

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
first post here on the forums,

I am picking up a 032 here local for 15 bucks sounds like the rod is broke so my guess is the cylinder is probably also trashed. My question is what are the options for cylinders on that model I see the 031, 032, and 028 super all look pretty close with the 028 super being 1mm bigger. Could I slap a 028 super cylinder on this saw? The bigger the better. Thanks

Hey mate, having just finished a full rebuild on an 031 that took 9 months, my best advice is to ask yourself, are you prepared to wait many months and order parts from around the world to complete the build. Some bits were easy to get, others were a nightmare.

wow good to know. ya probably not as I have 3 saws currently and only cut firewood for myself. I don't need another just enjoy tinkering.

I might try and put a 028 super cylinder on it. looks like the spark plug is in a different spot but I could drill and thread a new hole and plug the old one. might be a fun project but I have to many projects as it is right now.

wow good to know. ya probably not as I have 3 saws currently and only cut firewood for myself. I don't need another just enjoy tinkering.

I might try and put a 028 super cylinder on it. looks like the spark plug is in a different spot but I could drill and thread a new hole and plug the old one. might be a fun project but I have to many projects as it is right now.
All good :) i don’t think they are a saw worthy of any money putting into them personally, unless you have a special connection with the model.
Part it and sell it on eBay and make 10-20x your money back LOL.

Well thank you for the honest option. Picked up the saw and the rod is broke, I think I will do as you said and sell most of it as parts or throw it away as I don't think it will be worth the work. I'll keep the bar for sure tho.

well good news. rods not broke its the flywheel key.

bad news is the threads are pretty messed up on the crankshaft? anyone know what the threads are supposed to be, gonna run a die down it and see if I can save it.

well good news. rods not broke its the flywheel key.

bad news is the threads are pretty messed up on the crankshaft? anyone know what the threads are supposed to be, gonna run a die down it and see if I can save it.
Which threads are you referring to, the flywheel side or the clutch side? Regardless, consider rethreading the messed up threads using a die. I've done that several times, so it can be done.

flywheel side. ya it might be save able with a die. looks like the threads might be m8×1 just want to be sure before I buy a die for it

Got the threads cleaned up the other day and the flywheel on and tight. Little work to the spark plug boot/wire and she started tonight. Seems like it's getting to much fuel at this point but to late to play with it more tonight.

Latest posts

Back