034 piston failure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ones I'm building are mainly related to climbing. Lighter faster and good on fuel. Fuel usage to most people is a none issue on ported saws unless your out in the woods all day and have to pack in your gear. Climbing saws kinda follow the same gas usages and try to conservative a bit better on the intake side and have better fuel atomization overall.

My climber 034 has a 325 18 lw on it now. Getting a 375 24" on the ported one. Got five to get ready and I'm only keeping one for myself. All but the mild stock one will pull a 28. The 034S outrun the 360P by a good margin. Equalizing the playing feild now. Hoping the 360 jugs respond as well but casting limitations need to be observed closely on the newer castings. The Mahle 46mm cylinder came out very nice. The KS might have met it's match in 46mm.

I finally finished that saw. Rebuilt Zama new hoses and filters. Turns out the saw is .375” not .325”. I’m sure most were .375” I put a loop of Oregon power cut LGX. I haven’t used that chain yet, cut my finger open easy enough so that’s encouraging. Got it to the woods and no start, smelt fuel. No spark. Luckily the first 034 I grabbed is a parts saw now and had a good coil. Fired on 2 pulls. Runs very nice. I have a few downed trees to test it on soon.97B1AF43-FC8A-413A-AB1A-EB24E405D113.jpeg39E29E1F-524E-453B-8C5B-7D758CC2BF87.jpeg

Back