036 Pro Sounds like my old school bell when idling!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesReed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Got a 036 Pro cleaned up, rebuilt carb, new drum and rim sprocket and put back together. Runs great but when it idles it reminds me of my old school bell ringing us into the classroom. Now if I engage the handle safety brake it quits..take off the hand brake and the bell starts up again. What is it and how do I silent the bell!!!!:dizzy:

My fairly new barely used (lol) Husky 55 Rancher (I have owned it since New) does this at times as well ! I have only cut about 150 saw logs with it (cut more than that with a Poulan). I hope theres nothin wrong with it ? If there is i'll have to go back to Poulan Saws lmao.

JamesReed said:
Got a 036 Pro cleaned up, rebuilt carb, new drum and rim sprocket and put back together. Runs great but when it idles it reminds me of my old school bell ringing us into the classroom. Now if I engage the handle safety brake it quits..take off the hand brake and the bell starts up again. What is it and how do I silent the bell!!!!:dizzy:

That tingling ya hear is your clutch shoes barely touching your sprocket drum while its idling. If you set the idle to right around 3000 rpms and it still tings you need some new clutch springs....

Back