036 Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brettl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
To those of you who have used aftermarket air filters, which did you like? Need some spares for my 036 Pro. I see some different ones but they all look like relabeled Hutzls. I appreciate any input from those of you who have used AM filters. Thanks

I bought an aftermarket filter for my 026 and couldn't hardly get air through it. I think they over sprayed glue onto the flocking. Item was refunded and I went to the dealer and got and OEM that worked perfect. Go figure. Honestly can't remember who I got it from... could have been Hutzl but perhaps not. You usually get what you pay for.

I'm tempted to see how hard it would be to replace the flocking. IF I could find the right material, it would be no big deal to brush the adhesive on the plastic of the filter. If the right adhesive is used, there would be no need to apply it to the flocking.

One trick is to use a lady's nylon hose and glue or tape it over the cleaned flocking...works great..and FREE..!!

Another trick is to use lady's red lipstick around a leaking air filter...put lipstick on the edges of the outside
of the filter and install it. Remove it and where there is no red marking is where your leak is...and also FREE..!!
J2F

We've used that on our rc car motors. Off road racing buggies and trucks have to filter a tremendous amount of dust and dirt. The engines, being a fraction of the size of our saws, is much more easily ruined. However, there is still quite a bit of experimenting with different materials. One commonly used is the colored, "Ace" type bandage that adheres to itself when stretched and pressed down. It makes a great outer filter and would be ideal for filters like the ones used on my 440 and 441. It's pretty open, but it catches all the biggest particles without choking the engine.

With the cost of replacement filters,this a very interesting thread . I have sprayed a piece of cheesecloth w/ 3M adhesive to patch a flocked filter that had lost some flocking.

One trick is to use a lady's nylon hose and glue or tape it over the cleaned flocking...works great..and FREE..!!

Another trick is to use lady's red lipstick around a leaking air filter...put lipstick on the edges of the outside
of the filter and install it. Remove it and where there is no red marking is where your leak is...and also FREE..!!
J2F
Make sure to use your wife's color not the girlfriend's....just something I heard.

Back