038 Super Coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coil
Or better an OEM one from your dealer
I might just have to check with local dealer. That one on Amazon doesn’t look the same. Mine has wire from coil and wire to switch meet together and connect to a component under the flywheel (not sure what component is called under flywheel). I’m not getting spark, so I’m assuming it’s the coil, but I suppose it could be other component. Anyone which one is more likely?

Yah, the early universal coil had the chip but can be replaced by the later one-piece universal coil.
Thank you everyone for replies, much appreciated! So how does one go about this swap to “universal coil”? @cookies gave a link to a coil, is that “universal” one. Would this require flywheel swap that @Maintenance supervisor mentioned? Would rather change to different OEM than aftermarket.

Maybe I can answer my own question now that I’ve read @cookies tech sheet. I replace coil and flywheel as shown in highlighted line of attached pic?DC34D4BB-3382-4B09-B730-70D42BAF85C9.jpeg

Thank you everyone for replies, much appreciated! So how does one go about this swap to “universal coil”? @cookies gave a link to a coil, is that “universal” one. Would this require flywheel swap that @Maintenance supervisor mentioned? Would rather change to different OEM than aftermarket.

Do you have the flywheel off and can confirm that it's a 1206 flywheel? If so, you're good to go. Just buy a used one-piece universal coil (0000 400 1300).

Latest posts

Back