038 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doall

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
does anyone know who makes a good aftermarket piston set for stihl saws?
I'am on my first chain saw rebuild, which is 038 super also 028WB.bought these
complete and running at flea markert for $35 bucks great deal. any input
is appreciated

:bang:

thanks for speedy reply. looked at those kits on ebay thanks, but as for the pic's
thats to hi tec for me,I'am old school. I can bearly navigate here

help 038 super

saw mechanics, need help with o38 super-- put new piston & rings in and now it is spitting fuel out of the carb, and will only run at full throtle and will not reeve up? also compression seems to be very strong. does the rings need to seat?
any replys to this? I will be back after while to see replys thanks. :bang::bang:

Did you find the reason the saws needed a re-build? Check the operation of the choke. IIRC it is part of the air filter. Also re-place the sparkplug. Sounds like it is flooding itself for some reason. That is probably the reason fot the super high compression also. Depending on how much assembly lube, initial carb settings, etc., you used during the re-build, it may have messed up the plug some.

Its already been mentioned, your carb is flooding the engine as is. It will require a tear down and proper cleaning inside. It may need a new kit, all the carbs I pull apart for a cleaning get a kit anyway and a saw engine really comes to life with a properly working carb.
Pioneerguy600

sorry guys, the statement i made about the strong comp was wrong , just checked it was @105 psi, the reason i put new piston & rings it was @ 90 psi.
will the compression get better as i run it? or should i have replaced the cylinder also?
and when i test ran it after the rebuild the air filter and choke was not in place.
this saw ran good before i tore it down ,it just on power. also the cylinder was flawless. thanks for the reply:

Latest posts

Back