041 Farm Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilpig

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a 041 farm boss that's old. It doesn't like to run so great. The guy I got it from said he rebuild the carb. Here's what it's doing.

When it starts, it runs fine. It seems to run a little fast. I can rev it up and let it go down. It will idle. Then after about 3-5 minutes or running, I give it gas and it bogs down. Then it does not want to idle. I have to keep the rpms up. then if I let off, it stalls.

So I did what any guy would do, take the carb apart while I watched the Steelers get killed. We are not talking about that here in Pittsburgh. So it will start but does not want to run.

My though is that the carb is not adjusted correctly. If it's not, then what's the correct adjustments?

It may be starving for gas. Check the impulse hose - runs down behind the carb and attaches to the left side of the carb.

Try reseting both carb screws to about 1 1/4 turn out from gently seated.

Also, 041s have problem with leakage around the manifold block - the part which the carb bolts to. All the gaskets need to be in good order and the carb tighned down..

Lakeside53 has some good ideas. I'd also check the fuel hose in the tank to see if it's soft and sticky. Sometimes the hose will get hot or warm and collapse while running causing some of the same symtoms you've listed.:rock:

Lakeside53 I lived in Lakewood for about a year where are you located?????

Thanks

Hey, I tried those things and adjusted the carb. It seemed to run find after that. I like the site!

Back