044 damaged by alignment pin getting into clutch area.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Mad Professor Me too, thanks. I expected they would eventually replace the assembly but not that it would be so easy. They never asked about anything. They just said send a list of parts. They only asked that I be careful to get the part numbers I wanted right.

I’m out $125 as I paid a shop to install the assembly last summer. I was too busy clearing land and ripping beams. I’m less busy now and less intimidated about screwing up a nice 044 so will try swapping out the assembly myself this time.

Update on the status of Huztl fulfilling their warranty. I was messaging Huztl back and forth about the warranty damage and it all seemed to be going well. I purchased PJ44000 which was an engine mounted in the case halves. I paid more for the engine assembly as I did not feel confident to disassemble the 044 case and reinstall an engine only. The damage is listed in the post. Their response was they would only replace the clutch, oil pump and the damaged case half and not a replacement assembly. We went back and forth about that a few times without arguing just my requests and their refusals. I can see their side. They wanted to replace just the parts I could prove were damaged. They would only replacing the parts and not the assembly. But they then stopped responding. We corresponded threw their internal site messaging system on my account page. When I now send messages they appear at first on my account but get deleted later. When I send email to service there is no response. They have stopped communicating.

In the past I had an issue with them and they resolved it very quickly without a problem. The latest issue seemed to be going well also but then they stopped responding. It’s been a few months now and I have sent them many emails and messages but get nothing back.

Overall my experience with their parts had been good. Some of the oiler tubes were very low quality and not used but other than that the parts were ok. Given the price of their parts I expect some issues but I am not a professional running my saws all day. It is understandable that a pro would want to stick with Stihl OEM parts but for me the use is a project now and then and after the saws just sit around.

It’s a puzzle why they went blank. It seems like it would be a small matter for them to follow through with the warranty. ??

Back