044 Issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tothemax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A buddy of mine bought an 044 off CL. It started and ran when he checked it out but now its having issues. It will pop and run on half choke but as soon as you take the choke off, it will bog and die.

We cleaned the carb and found it was clean and gaskets were ok. Impulse line was ok. Fuel filter and air filter were ok.
I did a vacuum test on the saw and it looses vacuum as fast as I can pump it up. I did a pressure test and it will hold pressure no problem for several mins.

I am a little confused why it does well on one test but not the other. What should my course of action be?

The pressure is probably helping push the leaking plastics closed and make a seal. When the vac is applied it opens up the spot wider. That's why you do both for just that reason.

What's left? Crank seals, carb boot... I'll guess carb boot.

With vac if you can get it running at idle with half choke spray some carb cleaner around and look for changes in rpm. That should help you zero in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't tell you a spec. I would assume zero or darn close.
I'm not nearly as experienced with this as the other men on here. Just my gut reaction on where I would head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back