045 AV Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dre100

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
045 super I bought this saw at a garage sale for $30.00 piston and jug was a little scored I found out later that the air schroud was missing after I ran the saw it over heated and died got about 1/2 hour out of it after I spent all day working on it .I really liked the saw my grandfather had a 031 that I used to clear my land with but the saw got sold on me when he past away .I called for parts to fix the 045 It sounded like a old roller skate so I thought It might need crank barrings too. the price for the parts was more than I could buy a new saw for so I parked it out back and started looking on e-bay then the other day out of the blue I loaded on some old steel and ran it to the dump looked over there was a saw just like the one I have with the rope broke and a piece broke off the cover but I could tell low hours paint still on the bar I could not wait to get it down so I could look at the jug and piston wow looked like new( no SH-t ) but the tag was gone off the top of the saw Can any body tell me if it is a 045 or 056 super, mag ,and cubic inch I don't know and hate to bother a the dealer I worked another day cleaning and putting things together saw runs great like new #F7624200 the first letter might be a E

Amazing what some people will throw away! GREAT FIND! :blob2: Dunno what to tell you other than to call a Stihl dealer who can look the number up in his book. Maybe someone here has access to a book and can tell you what you have.

How come there is never stuff like that when I go to the dump?? :confused:

That # sounds like a sereal # Stihl will be able to help.If its a 45 or 56. Its German. I would just go ahead & e-mail Stihl in Germany.

Back