056 MAGNUM II ignition coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Skallwag thanks for your posts,,if you look at pic 2198 on post #31 you will notice my fly wheel does not have the three screws,,dunno if mine is missing something,,bought the saw from previous owner who had the saw diagnosed by stihl mechanic and was confirmed to have lost it s spark.Thanks to your post i have now seen the correct tool for removing wheel,,just have to locate it,,really do feel like i am cheating and making a cheap saw expensive by visiting the stihl shop,,that item number you quoted earlier,,is that the correct number for that tool,will try and order one if so...Thanks mate,much appreciated

Stihl flywheel puller part #11078904500 is the only one listed in the 056 work shop manual, not going to be much good to you if your flywheel hasn't got the three screws, as thats what it pulls on! last time i priced a new SEM it was $200 plus.

Last edited:
The fanwheel/flywheel on the SEM ignition is one piece, the bosch ignition is two piece...... the flywheel puller works the same for the both!

I don't think the three screw adapter necessarily comes with the Stihl puller and he doesn't need it since he doesn't have the Bosche.

It did not come with mine anyway.

He needs the same puller as the 066 etc.

Last edited:
So the puller in that pic is for the Bosch eh?

I made a puller for the old SD 112s etc out of a 1/2"x2 NPT nipple with a 3/8 nut welded to one end.

Ground the leading 2 threads off it threaded in nicely. Cost? under a buck.

You may find a pipe nipple that threads in there tightly for your own home made puller.

I have also split the end of the crank once. Now I use a "standoff" that threads down to the shoulder, but still stands proud of the crank about 3/16.

The cranks have "centers" drilled in them which leaves them prone to cracking/splitting during the mass force it takes to pull some of those Devils.

Good luck,

Thanks gentlemen,,going with Zero junk,,just need to get my hands on one of those pullers,,will try n get one here in aus,,just a shame all the local stihl shops are closed for christmas new years break, the only one i have found so far is from zerojunks link and is in the U.S. Patience is the key here,,else i am sure to bodge something up and come to greif:msp_scared:
Happy New Year to you all :givebeer::cheers::msp_biggrin:

INDEED,

no wiser words have been spoken.

You and yours have a great new year!

O K ,, so i kinda cheated a little,,dropped the 056 mag II off to the stihl dealer today ,, but am not a complete quitter,,was gunna cost bout $50 bucks to get the correct fly wheel puller so i just got the mechanics to pop the wheel ,, nothing else i promise,,( well i did have to order a throttle linkage as well but that s another story, wether it exists at Stihl australia i dont know ,,but it was definately listed:yoyo: )will continue to build the dream with a little help from arborist site.com:msp_biggrin: will put up some pics soon for those interested in the thread and get some help to finally organise the correct ignition coil,, got quote on ts 350 ? ignition coil $200,Kinda pricey but so is the modern day equivalent of the 056 mag II:D

056 Magnun II ignition coil (CONTINUED)

G day Gentlemen,,
fly wheel is finally off :msp_biggrin:,,can anyone please give me some info on this ignition coil,,is it obsolete or could i order it from the stihl shop, or is it possible to replace with that from the ts350 cutoff saw :confused:
per chance will this bar suit the 056mag II STIHL ES GUIDE BAR 36" 3/8 114 DL chain and a sprocket | eBay
Thanks again Gentlemen and as usual your help is always greatly appreciated.

G day Gentlemen,,
fly wheel is finally off :msp_biggrin:,,can anyone please give me some info on this ignition coil,,is it obsolete or could i order it from the stihl shop, or is it possible to replace with that from the ts350 cutoff saw :confused:
per chance will this bar suit the 056mag II STIHL ES GUIDE BAR 36" 3/8 114 DL chain and a sprocket | eBay
Thanks again Gentlemen and as usual your help is always greatly appreciated.

Yes, you can still get that ignition module, and yes that's the same one as used in the TS350. Did you unplug your kill switch wire & check for spark first?, as that module is the newer Selettra made version that has very few problems. That terminal needs an insulator boot around it, make sure that it was not grounded to the case, as there is very little room/clearance behind the module when mounted!

That bar will fit fine, just make sure you can pump enough oil.

Last edited:
The bar will fit, if it fits the saws listed in the ad (3003 mount).

Regarding the ignition, loop back to the beginning of this thread....

Thanks Hot Shot
,,Saw was originally diagnosed as having no spark via a stihl mechanic, then it came into my posession,,perhaps there may have been a simple fix,but i have the flywheel off now and no tool to pop it if i were to put it back on,,doh ,,will probably drop off to the stihl shop again and tell him to call me when it s running LOL,,:clap:

The bar will fit, if it fits the saws listed in the ad (3003 mount).

Regarding the ignition, loop back to the beginning of this thread....

That's right !! before spending $200 plus on a new ignition! look & look again. The mail i had from Stihl Australia was there were 6 new ignitions in stock here, the next time i placed an order there were 4, so i grabed 2 for myself, that was 3 months ago,and they said there will be no more after they are gone,who knows someone maybe talking sh@t to make a sale?? but i do know a bloke with some used ones.

Latest posts

Back