056 stihl or 820 jonsenred

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cachehunter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
which would you choose have a chance to buy either one only 25.00 difference stihl higher jonsenred 225 stihl 250 both in good shape is this a fair price for these saws thanks for your help this is a great site

Probably depends on whether you can get parts and service for either, both, or neither.

Hi Cachehunter, I noticed you are into metal detecting as a hobby, and that you are into solid waste mangement.
My first thought was that you may have found jewelry etc., with your detector from composted sewage. Is this true, and if so, what items have you found?
I have a 1225X Fisher metal detector and have found gold and other arctifacts with it.
I know it is a bit off topic, but metal detecting is fun and interesting.
John

i work with the trash side of solid waste and yes we do find some enteresting things i hunt with a garret 2000 plus a whites xlt when i have the time it,s a great hobby to have for fun and relaxing plus the finds are a plus when you have a good day

Nawww 820's were made well into the 80's.

Go Jonsered. You cannot go wrong with a Swedish saw:p

Of course the Stihl can always double as a boat anchor when it finally gives up the ghost
:D

both are 20+ years old.

Nawww 820's were made well into the 80's.

I agree, Swedish women are prettier. The 80's was 20 years ago.
:eek:

I have piles of 820/830, 920/930, Super820/Super930 parts...and pretty much are all still available...with the exception of some of the decals...I think I bought them all...

Go Red or Go Home!!!

i need a secondary coil for a 920, and the mount between the cylinder and front handle. can't get them from tilton.

later scott

Re: both are 20+ years old.

Originally posted by WOLF_RIVER_MIKE
The 80's was 20 years ago.
:eek:

1989 was 14 years ago:angel:

Dammmmnnn I am getting old. My 10 yr HS Reunion is this year, soon I will be 30, and I am getting a beer belly and gray hair. Can you tell I am in denial:D

<p>Howdy<p/>
<p>Both are good saws, heavy, made mostly of metal. My vote is with the 820. It has a better crankcase design and is easier to work on. The cylinder walls in the 820 are very thick, and it takes modifications very well. It uses a small muffler and benefits greatly from being opened up. Aftermarket air filters like K&Ns help also. The piston design is far superior to an 056. It has enormous cutaways, Just like a Husky 181 piston. The 045 and early 056 pistons were "slabsides", making them heavy and slow.<p/>

Latest posts

Back