06 powerstroke diesel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't have injection pumps. The high pressure oil pump pressurizes the fuel.

i wasnt sure on that one thats why all the ????? im not real familiar with fords.

I had a '05 F350 6.0L. When it was running, it ran awesome. Very fast, loaded or not. I can remember perhaps a hand full of days that it didn't have a trailer hooked to it. Had both oil pumps replaced under warrranty. The injectors started messing up. The ABS was always broke. Mileage was awful. Finally the head gasket cut lose and I sold it as is. I did like the roomy interior. Oh yeah, 4wd was kind of iffy as well. Had to lock in the auto locking hubs to get it to really work right.

i wasnt sure on that one thats why all the ????? im not real familiar with fords.

Ahh yes, the hydraulic injectors. If the injectors rely on oil to work, and it gets really cold out and the oil gets really think, guess how well those injectors work. That cold 6.0, if it starts, will sound like it's gonna toss every rod in it. Take a few steps back.....:)

I had a 2000 7.3 with 325k miles on it. It would start in the winter at 0 without being plugged in. The best think I did was run synthetic motor oil in it in the winter. I never went over 5k on oil change either.

Back