,063 exstinct?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffHK454

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Got a nice MS440 with 25" bar .063 off the net a couple months back with two chains.

Looking to get a couple more loops to put in rotation but ebay has no .375 link .063 gauge chain listed. There must be 40 different .05 25" chains on there, so what gives ? Why is it not popular?

Who can make make me up 3 or 4 loops of RM/RS here at ArboristSite?

Thanks, Jeff

JeffHK454 said:
Got a nice MS440 with 25" bar .063 off the net a couple months back with two chains.

Looking to get a couple more loops to put in rotation but ebay has no .375 link .063 gauge chain listed. There must be 40 different .05 25" chains on there, so what gives ? Why is it not popular?

Who can make make me up 3 or 4 loops of RM/RS here at ArboristSite?

Thanks, Jeff

No problem with supply of this type of chain... just depend on where you are in the county... Out here, most 3/8 is .050, and .404 is .063. Other parts, the .325 is .063...

Most of the ebay guys will sell you just about any chain type (just ask them), but why not talk to your dealer and get a good price on 4 loops..

Search 3/8 not .375

Tons listed on ebay.

Buy a breaker and spinner and a 100 ft roll from Bailey's, then you will not be caught short! Or a few loops if you do not saw much.

I use 3/8 x .063 chisel full skip on one of my 075's with 42 inch bar, works great.

Thanks, if anything I learned to not be so specific about my search.

I was putting things like " Stihl 25" 3/8 .063 " and ".063 chain" , I
should have worked harder!

I also noticed that the decimal point in front of .063 makes a big diff.

Thanks, Jeff

Mike Maas said:
Why not get it from Bailey's? You can click on the flashing banner ad at the top of the page.
Might as well support a sponser here. I'm sure their prices are as good as the eBay guys.

he was looking for Stihl chain (RS / RM) ... won't get that from Baileys..

Lakeside53 said:
No problem with supply of this type of chain... just depend on where you are in the county... ....
Right, and it also depends on which country you are in.
Here in Norway .063 is the only option in 3/8".
Even the Oregon importer refuses to import bars in other gauges than .063 with the D025 tail pattern.
About the same is the case with Husky/Jred and the D009 pattern - .058 reigns supreme in that case.

I think it is a way of simplifying logistics for themselves, and also to "protect" their costumer base, disregarding the costumers preferences.:angry2:

Latest posts

Back