066 air leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PEST said:
I use a storage peak hold meter with a pressure transducer for certain work
have used storage scopes for other

The 066 has a "dedicated line" but it's just a raw opening into the crankcase.

BTW, don't put your question in the "heading" -it doesn't carry forward when quoted.

Don't go higher than 7 psi

Don't go higher than 7 psi

How are you pumping up the pressure?
Hand bulb only No compressor I hope

Last edited:
So why can't you T in Lakeside?

So why can't you T in Lakeside?

I have done this many times on tuning work on various projects

Last edited:
Yes Thank you

Thank you for the point on the quote not using the title I get lazy in chat forums with syntax and had not thought of that

Don't Put Questions In The Header If You Want Them Quoted

PEST said:
I have done this many times on tuning work on various projects

It's not the T'ing... it was just about obtaining a valid reading with a mechanical meter for pressure/vac while running... we were talking running pressures, not static pressures. Sure you can tap crankcase pressure anywhere, but that wasn't the discussion.

no questions in the header.... please

I edited

I edited the past posts
Thanks again
And I will now get back to the orginal thread topic and save tech hairsplitting for a different thread.

as for the spark plug hole test i had another gage and figured wtf.

i have checked the compression. the saw has run for maby 5 minutes and it has 140 p.s.i.

i got of the phone with Greg at Baileys (very helpful) and my problem may be that the needle seats got damaged from over tightening the adjustment screws. i am very careful about not going tight but that could be it.

Possible but not likely

Possible but not likely
Try adjusting both needles to 3/4 of a turn out from bottom and see it it will run

Just don' hold it wide open for any time length

Just don't hold it wide open for any time length till you figure it out
Where are the needles now set?

:bowdown: ALL HAIL PEST :bowdown:

i tried different setting on the L and had no luck. but you got it. she runs like a :censored: . now i need to brake the pig in the nabors will love me...

PEST I O U a beer but i cant get to you place so i will drink one now:cheers:

Most likely

Most often with a newer piston and jug they run around 3/4 to 7/8ths out on the high speed in this area. ......the less on the mountain tops the more in the valleys just tune by ear lean best RPM then out a tad to burble/4 stroking

Back