066 choke lever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I run a 10 year old 066. Great saw...just keeps going and going but it has one aggravating habit. Once in awhile the choke lever won't go all the way up to the shut-off detent. I"ve had it in the shop especially for this and they found nothing wrong. Whats causing this? Is it hanging up on something or am I doing something wrong here? Also, a friend told me to just hit the compression release and it'll stop but is this harmful. :confused:

I dont know why your lever wont go up but the only other way to shut it off is pull the sparkplug cover or choke it. I pushed the decomp on my 046 while it was running just to see what would happen and It did shut off. The piston does not actually hit the decomp because it is in the dome of the cylinder.

it may be popping out of the spaces on each side of the tank that hold it from time to time. just a random guess.

Assuming your throttle shaft and interlock are in good shape, it's likey the brass plunger in the shut off switch - take it apart and clean it out.

Latest posts

Back