066 High idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmbeachy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an 066 that I use for milling, after making a cut the saw does not idle down, but continues running at better than half throttle. I have tried to adjust it but can not get it to a slow idle. In the cut it runs strong and smooth. Is there an easy fix for this. Lester

I can only think of a few things that cause a high runing saw at idle. It is lean, (air leak or not enough fuel delivery) or throttle butterfly partly open (bent or stuck linkage, switch in wrong position, etc). If it is one of the first two you will burn it up. Fix it.

Sounds like a classic air leak as others have said. If you don't stop running the saw without fixing the issue you'll end up with a toasted piston and cylinder. Check all of the rubber parts, fuel line, impulse hose, intake boot, and I'd also do a pressure/vac test on it to see if the seals are bad. I don't know where the common leak points on this particular model are, but others will chime in I'm sure.

Back