066 Magnum on CL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get a bad vibe from that ad. Don't know why.

I would stay away from it man. If they say that's like new then they are either liars or don't know anything about a chainsaw. Keep looking, you'll find a good deal. I got my 660 for 700 bux and it had 2tanks of fuel ran thru it. Not a scratch on it.

Keep looking.

It's Craigs List, not ebay. Anyone buying the saw in question would be going to look at it, hold it in their hands, pull the muff, and run it. If it was an ebay ad I'd run like the wind. With CL, simple enough to go look at it if it's fairly local, so you're only out a little time and gas $ if it doesn't end up being what you want.

It's Craigs List, not ebay. Anyone buying the saw in question would be going to look at it, hold it in their hands, pull the muff, and run it. If it was an ebay ad I'd run like the wind. With CL, simple enough to go look at it if it's fairly local, so you're only out a little time and gas $ if it doesn't end up being what you want.

Definetly, but this ad says Palm Springs and the OP is in Va.

I agree, keep it local so you can see the saws in person. CL is badd newz for non local buying IMO.

Definetly, but this ad says Palm Springs and the OP is in Va.

The OP also asked if anyone else was interested, indicating to me the he was posting this as an alert to others who might be closer to and have an interest in the saw, and I replied in that vein. :) :)

It's all good either way. The alert was delivered.

If I was looking for a saw like that and I saw that ad 40 miles away, I'd hop in the vehicle with fresh gas/oil mix, bar lube and my chainsaw tools and go look at it. No way would I bid on it if I saw it on evilbay or buy it off CL long distance.

The OP also asked if anyone else was interested, indicating to me the he was posting this as an alert to others who might be closer to and have an interest in the saw, and I replied in that vein. :) :)

It's all good either way. The alert was delivered.

If I was looking for a saw like that and I saw that ad 40 miles away, I'd hop in the vehicle with fresh gas/oil mix, bar lube and my chainsaw tools and go look at it. No way would I bid on it if I saw it on evilbay or buy it off CL long distance.

Yea youre right my friend. Did'nt read the thread too good did I?:cheers:

Yea I agree, if it were close to me I'd go check it out too. I'd be jerking a muffler too. The last saw I bought was on Evilbay (LoL) but was also local. So I drove 3 hours with all the tools you mentioned above and brought her home.

I find it hard to buy a saw in average shape unless it's local.

Thanks OP for the alert. Maybe someone close can check it out. Still gives me a weird vibe though.:confused:

Back