066 Milling Package. What's it Worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
We recently had some severe storms and tornadoes come through, and for the first time in my adult life, I didn't pick up any saw work. Just no time to take on side jobs anymore, and I don't foresee going back to saw work in the foreseeable future. So I'm thinking about selling off a couple of my less-used saws, so they can have better lives somewhere else where they'll get used more. The first one I'm considering selling is my 066 and my CSM. I know I'll probably lose money on this stuff, but if it won't be too much of a loss then I'll probably let it go.

It was suggested that I might do better to sell it as a package, along with my mill. Below is what the package consists of. What do you think it would be worth?

1. Stihl 066. Rebuilt a while back with Stihl parts, and it now has maybe 25-30 tanks of 40:1 MX2T. Hi-output oiler, DP cover, HD filter. Strong saw, many AS members have run it. Caseyforrest rebuilt the saw right before I bought it from him.
2. GB 36" mill.
3. Home-made auxiliary oiler.
4. 20", 28", 36" Stihl ES bars; 28 and 36" are drilled for the auxiliary oiler. Low hours on these bars; the 36" is practically new. A nice handful of ripping loops for 20" and 28", and a couple new RM loops for the 36".
5. 20" Windsor Speed Tip bar, maybe 2 tanks on this bar. Keeping my 20" loops for other saws.
6. 28" Carlton bar, the shiny Total SuperBar type. Low hours. 4 loops of round chisel (a couple each WP-X, RS), 2 loops of Stihl RM
7. Extra clutch cover, no spikes, for milling.
8. A few spare Stihl parts - bar nuts, spark plugs, stuff like that.
9. Unistrut slabbing rails with height/level adjustment system, 10' or so.

066_Carlton_03a.jpg

Scale_Pic.jpg

Milling3.jpg

Mill.jpg

Stack2.jpg

(milling pictures are pre-rebuild, when caseyforrest still owned it)

Tempting me I see

Brandon your definately tempting me!!!
Wife told me to order a 7900 for Fathers day now I think i'm gonna hold off. She wants me to get a CS mill to build some furniture w/. What other saws are you selling? Off the topic, I finally got a chance to meet DN and spent two hours talking w/ him...great guy.

that's a hell of a saw to see go away as a milling package only...
i've been looking for a 066 for awhile now

but i'm sure there are others who need it and the CSM way
more than i need just the saw...

my post was of no help

best of luck to ya!

Brandon your definately tempting me!!!
Wife told me to order a 7900 for Fathers day now I think i'm gonna hold off. She wants me to get a CS mill to build some furniture w/. What other saws are you selling? Off the topic, I finally got a chance to meet DN and spent two hours talking w/ him...great guy.

Right now, just this one and some unexciting stuff. I really like this saw, and it's fun to run, but I just don't use it as much as I thought I would. Probably going to end up keeping the Echo top handle, 238 and 154DN, 7900, and the 075/076. Even this collection is probably overkill for suburban firewood and the occasional cemetery tree. I still have the Ford and the Remington, both projects, and I'll probably keep those.

I already freecycled a couple of my running oldies - Homelite XL12, XL, 200, 240 - and gave away my other project saws, and got rid of my 026s last year.

Keeping in mind that I've not bought an 066, if I were in the market for one I would probably give between six and eight hundred for that setup.

I don't know where to start w/ a dollar amount...and too late at night to try to put numbers together. Let me know when you have an idea what you need for the set up.
Is the 66 ported?

I have ran that 066.........if you are in the market for one, that is one you don't want to pass up.
It might not be all shiny and pretty but it is a running son-of-a-gun! You won't be dissapointed with the performance of that saw.

Ed

I'll help you out

Just to help you out I will give you $45.00 for the whole outfit and I will pay the shipping. I just don't want you tripping over it anymore and maybe even get hurt. I will do this just for you.:greenchainsaw: :monkey:

Well what do you want for it? I have some nice walnut that needs milling up.

Rob

He's already sold it. sorry.

I'm not the new owner.

Ed

Yup, Bowtech is taking it off my hands. I should have posted something in here about that. I look forward to seeing the results of his milling and woodworking projects!!

Back