066 red light value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screaming Stihl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I found a non running 066 red light that he’s asking 350 for. Is that too much? He’s 5 hours from me but willing to ship. It has full wrap handle but the black trigger top half is broke.

To me that is a buy price if starts without issues.

I sold my RL 066 woods ported one years back for 6.
Beautiful saw! I wish it ran or I could check it out in person. It’s kind of a gamble to have it shipped. I bought an 066 a month ago. Drove 2 hours for a “non running” saw. Pulled the cord and it’s seized! Still bought it for 250. Get home and it was hydro locked with fuel. Blew it out with air and it fired first pull, compression was 178. Pristine Mahle cylinder, no sign of wear. Came back to 1996 model, big bearing, pre epa.

Attachments

• 45E6B818-8F46-4545-AA90-F4F2183FEF41.jpeg
    45E6B818-8F46-4545-AA90-F4F2183FEF41.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I bought one a while back for $200. Perfect other than the ignition.
So, it either will not run because it does not have compression or does not have fire, or what.

Pig in a poke.
Yeah I’m reconsidering it. Bad crank or scored piston and cylinder are costly repairs. Considering all the seals, hoses should be replaced, it’ll add up quickly.

PayPal will release the funds when the item has been delivered to offer you some protection. I've been through this same issue.

I was just reading if you ship through them, they’ll release funds within 24 hours of being delivered.

Well, nothing to do with saws, but a man bought a Kenwood TS950SD from me for $600. I packed the way have shipped stuff to Indonesia and elsewhere. Well he said it was damaged in shipment, which was pretty much impossible and issued a claim. So, I told him to just keep the damn thing, which still worked fine with a bent corner. Well, eBay says I have to issue an RGA. I actually had to call them and get a human being to explain I did not want the thing back, he could have it. And, I had refunded it all. Well, he was an 80 year old man who had dropped a 70 pound radio trying to get it out of the box. I talked to him on the phone. Hell, he sent me $300 back since the rig worked fine. Curious world.

Look at the 066 closely. If the crankcase is intact. The bearings not spun . Then it may be worth $350. If you want an 066. I should have kept mine..

You really need to have messed with a bunch of saws to make that judgement monetarily.

But, if you want one. Who cares ?

Latest posts

Back