• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Wanted- Stihl 066 red light part

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

th04

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a stihl 066 red light and the actual red light is missing and the black wire is sitting in there cut. I am curious if anyone out there has this part and would be willing to sell. Lmk, thanks

Ok, yeah I'd be interested. Is it just a light with a wire running off it that you connect to something
I know the part you are looking for. Woodslasher is looking so if he does not find one I will look.

I will probably get my testes slapped for saying this but Woodslasher is VERY fair on that offer. I would not sell any I had for that and if I need that part I would jump on it as if you do not I am betting the gentleman will have a FULL PM inbox soon.

Heck, I dunno. How's $30 + the ride sound?
Yeah i am good with that. I do want to confirm that this saw is supposed to have this part before i get it but i believe it is missing the part due to the wire being in there. Is the a way to know a red light saw somehow or does anyone have any pictures of how it should look? Sorry i am new to the 066s!

Yeah i am good with that. I do want to confirm that this saw is supposed to have this part before i get it but i believe it is missing the part due to the wire being in there. Is the a way to know a red light saw somehow or does anyone have any pictures of how it should look? Sorry i am new to the 066s!

You need to confirm that you have the correct coil. The red-light coil is a CDIC unit (You'll see CDIC cast into the body of the coil).
Part number for the 066 is 1122 400 1307. The back of it will look like the attached picture, with the kill-switch wire on the far left
and the wire for the Red Light LED next to that.

You need to confirm that you have the correct coil. The red-light coil is a CDIC unit (You'll see CDIC cast into the body of the coil).
Part number for the 066 is 1122 400 1307. The back of it will look like the attached picture, with the kill-switch wire on the far left
and the wire for the Red Light LED next to that.

Okay, thanks. I will check tonight and confirm

That looks like the 'universal" 1300 coil. JJ can confirm but if it is you would be wasting money looking for the "red light" part you are requesting.

That looks like the 'universal" 1300 coil. JJ can confirm but if it is you would be wasting money looking for the "red light" part you are requesting.
Ok that's what I was wondering. I guess I probably don't need the red light

Please allow JJ to provide information on it before making any decisions. It has been many years since I worked on any of the red lights and my memory is not that great on them. JJ knows the most of anyone I have ever seen and he will steer you right. There is no use in wasting money on something that will not be of use.

Please allow JJ to provide information on it before making any decisions. It has been many years since I worked on any of the red lights and my memory is not that great on them. JJ knows the most of anyone I have ever seen and he will steer you right. There is no use in wasting money on something that will not be of use.
Yeah for sure. I will see what he says👍

Yeah it's definitely the universal coil, which is actually a good thing. The Red Light coils have a habit of "browning out", which means the high RPM
threshold gets lower and lower over time. I've seen older units max out as low as 9,500 rpm and the limit is supposed to be 12K I think.

Yeah it's definitely the universal coil, which is actually a good thing. The Red Light coils have a habit of "browning out", which means the high RPM
threshold gets lower and lower over time. I've seen older units max out as low as 9,500 rpm and the limit is supposed to be 12K I think.
Okay, thanks for your help on this! Any ideas of what this saw is worth? I bought it recently and cleaned it up thinking to sell it again but probably will end up just keeping it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230325_175106727.jpg
    IMG_20230325_175106727.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230325_175141283_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230325_175141283_HDR.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
Back