066 top end-cheap!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG JAKE

Let’s go Brandon!
Reaction score
066 top end question

There's a dude from germany that just listed top end kits for a Stihl 066 for 99.00 dollars buy it now on E-bay. The cylinder in the picture does not have an additional hole on top for compression release. Did they make 066's without the compression release or are the saws over there different in some way?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
066 clinder kits

Along the same theme....How about the ebayer that has Maule cylinder
kits going for +/- $200. after bidding. Are they Stihl quality kits as he says
they are?

2cyblowtrch said:
Along the same theme....How about the ebayer that has Maule cylinder
kits going for +/- $200. after bidding. Are they Stihl quality kits as he says
they are?

If they are made by Mahle, they are likely genuine Stihl. What's his Ebay name?

fishhuntcutwood said:
And yes, the 066, like the 044 and 046 at one time all came without decomp valves.

Jeff

Actually, the 046 has always had a decomp. Just read the tech bulletin from when it came out.

BIG JAKE said:
There's a dude from germany that just listed top end kits for a Stihl 066 for 99.00 dollars buy it now on E-bay. The cylinder in the picture does not have an additional hole on top for compression release. Did they make 066's without the compression release or are the saws over there different in some way?

Thanks in advance

I'd wait on this one and let someone else figure out if they can stand the test of time.. particularly if you are going to be milling.. major stress on the saw. Also, I wouldn't want a 66 without a decomp.. I get to start the older 064's without decomp all the time and they are a PITA for snap back etc. If you need a 066 top end, I know of several... PM me.

Lakeside53 said:
I'd wait on this one and let someone else figure out if they can stand the test of time.. particularly if you are going to be milling.. major stress on the saw. Also, I wouldn't want a 66 without a decomp.. I get to start the older 064's without decomp all the time and they are a PITA for snap back etc. If you need a 066 top end, I know of several... PM me.

No I don't really need one Andy but will hit you up when I do. Was just wondering if anyone knew anything about these. I was contemplating buying one of these for future but will now pass based on your feedback on snap back issues-thought I'd check with A.S. folks first for input-glad I did.

thks

There are two guys in Germany selling these parts; Eins-a-teile & Flexpit68.

I have them both in my ebay favourites. I noticed that Eins was unregistered for about a month recently, so maybe been a bad boy? Pistons seems to be a good price, but once shipping has been added, their cylinder and piston kits are less competitive than I can buy in the UK already, certainly on the saws I'm interested in anyway.

Latest posts

Back