066vsms660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnses

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
anybody care to give me the run down on 066vsms660? And is the dual port muffler a special limited feature? Want to get a larger stihl and wondering if i should try to hunt down a used 066 or go newer? Any thoughts helpful.

thanks
sap can

The early 066s had the smaller cranks and lighter crankcase. The later models with the poly flywheel are the same as the 660. The 066 without a decomp seem to run the strongest. The newest 660s don't have mahle cylinders anymore. The dual port is a good addition to any 066/660 that doesn't have it. It does add a little grunt and not too much noise.

anybody care to give me the run down on 066vsms660? And is the dual port muffler a special limited feature? Want to get a larger stihl and wondering if i should try to hunt down a used 066 or go newer? Any thoughts helpful.

thanks
sap can

I hate to say it, because I want him to keep it, but if you can talk him out of it, mdavlee has the 660 you would want. Its a real torque monster.

Latest posts

Back