075 set up for CS Milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1_badger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, following get a long delay due to work and time away, I'm finally approaching startup on my mill set up. I have an old 075 available with a 48" bar and stihl ripping chain. The saw has a spur sprocket .404. I've read that a rim sprocket might be better. The stihl 075 clutch drum (11116402025) seems more expensive than the 660 (11220071002) or 880 (11240071024) for a .404 set up.

Can anyone advise on whether the clutch drum is interchangeable between from an MS 660, 880 or 075/6. Providing theyre all for .404 chain can you swap them?

Next question there seem to be a lot of opinions on molding mixtures or not. Is there any general advice on initial and very basic carb set up for milling with an 075 and whether synthetic mix oil is best.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi, following get a long delay due to work and time away, I'm finally approaching startup on my mill set up. I have an old 075 available with a 48" bar and stihl ripping chain. The saw has a spur sprocket .404. I've read that a rim sprocket might be better.

Rim sprockets are better if you want to change the number of drive pins and cheaper than replacing the whole clutch drum and sprocket. Bearing in mind that being able to change the number of drive pins more useful on saws with outboard drive sprockets.

Can anyone advise on whether the clutch drum is interchangeable between from an MS 660, 880 or 075/6. Providing theyre all for .404 chain can you swap them?
The 660 drum is slightly smaller than the 075/6 drums

Next question there seem to be a lot of opinions on molding mixtures or not. Is there any general advice on initial and very basic carb set up for milling with an 075 and whether synthetic mix oil is best.
I run 40:1 on my 076 using semi-synthetic but Bluerider has run 50:1 fully synthetic for many years. Once I use up my remaining semi synthetic I plan on doing the same.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back