076 Stihl Fuel Tank Issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morewood

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I recently bought a nice 076 from a member here. He also gave me a set of gaskets to go with it since fuel had been seeping from the tank. I can't find out how to split the tank. The tank is easily removed but I don't see how to split the tank. The clymer manual shows the orientation of the gasket but nothing else. The fuel seems to be seeping from the top near the fuel cap. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Shea

PS-Anyone know who may have a 48"-60" bar for this thing, want one just in case.

not sure if you can on a 076. I could be wrong but I don't recall any bolts on them.

The 075 IPL lists separate parts Nos. for the tank halves (inner half has bolt holes in the illustrations), the 076 IPL doesn't, only one No. for the complete assy...
Should not be difficult to locate a usable tank - the TS760 uses the same. I would first try to seal the leaky spot.

The gasket is for the 075 tank, 076 is one unit. The gasket set (1111 007 1051) covers both the 075 and 076.
If there isn't actually damage/corosion you could try some kind of gas tank sealer?

Latest posts

Back