090/Contra compatibility

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Forsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find anything with the search.

Can an 090 piston and cylinder be fitted to a Contra? Is it physically possible, or maybe possible but with issues with the casings. I read somewhere that the plug holes aren't in the same place.

Cheers

Dan

you can put an 090 cylinder on the contra. you do have to use the matching piston AND cylinder. and of course because of the plug hole you would need the top cover setup to match everything. i used to have an NOS contra cyl i was going to put on an 070. just as a test i compared the pistons and there is a big heigh diffrence. but if you use say the contra cyl and piston on the 070/090 it works and has the proper specs. i sold the NOS piston/cyl set instead of using it. (didnt want to bother with diffrent covers etc)

Thanks Ben,

Reason I was asking is that I just took delivery of my latest aquistition, a Contra, today and someone is selling an 090 piston and cylinder set on ebay right now.

So if I get this right, I'd need the 090 top cover to suit the cylinder? I take it that the cover is also compatible with the Contra then?

Latest posts

Back