090 pressure testing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big beech2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was a member b4 but lost my details so have had re register again.

Long story short after getting the old girl runnin and using for nearly two years a small problem has cropped up.all gaskets where changed oil seals etc. Apart from crank gasket.
The engine would not drop back to tick over even tho tge throttle was back and no amount of twiddlin the idle jet would help. Also the chain kept running on. New clutch springs where put in but still no help. It would still get full revs under load but wouldnt idle.
So exhaust and carb off and blanked. Red oil added under pressure and no leaks found. Except from the small finger nail size oil gauze under the carb/oil filler side. Does gauze have somekind of seal inside or a gasket on the oil pump itself and is likely to be the cause of my issue? If oil gets out, air can get in?
If not should we go back and look at tge carb itself.

Thanks Simon

When you say 'idle jet' do you mean the 'L' as in low adjustment or the idle set screw ?........I'm thinking worn carb shafts?
Hi scally,
I think initially i just did the idle as the chain was running on hence why replaced clutch springs.
It went down quite quickly. Used it fine. Got out chain ran on used it for a couple of cuts. Put away got out again and no amount of twiddin sorted it. Hence where we r now.
Spark plug however was almost white even though it had been running fine and the right choclate colour. the L screw also made little difference to it either so perhaps worn jets?
Thanks 4 ur time

Latest posts

Back