090G Did I Snooze and LOOSE?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensen 32000

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A friend of mine paid that much a year ago as just told me it's already paid for itself removing stumps so who knows?

i saw that saw to and it looked pretty clean for a 090G and i was getting ready to by it and had to tell my self i really don't need that one but it was hard i sat there and looked at the screen for a while but there will be another

Butch (MB) had one and I think he said the G meant it was a gear drive. Not anywhere near as desirable or useful as a direct drive. I know he spent a long time trying to find a replacement sprocket for it, finally somebody offered to make one for him.

If you're going shopping for an 090, make sure it is a direct drive and not a gear drive.

here is a 090AV i got off ebay 2 months ago for 700.00 i thought i got a good deal i just saw a regular 090 go for 900+ Plus i got a 60 inch bar with the helper handle 3-60 inch chains and 3-36 inch chains

it's one of most saut after chainsaws, not because it was a performer, they only made a few. its the only gear drive chainsaw woth more than the direct drive of same model that i know of, but i am shuere there are more. most gear drive chainsaws you can't give away

090g

I wasn't exactly snoozing, I was trying to justify adding this, to the two other 090s I already have, to be honest. But lately. I have seen $1500 $1800 and $2500 for these saws. I'm sure the roller nose bar with 1/2" chain has got to be $250 on it's own, and this guy didn't seem like a saw guy. I did talk to him and he said he had the saw fully checked buy a Stihl dealer. But then again Ebay vs other selling venues is another story. I talked to a sthil regional rep and he had to find somebody to buy an 090G from the municipality as nobody wanted it. The 090 in the earlier post for $700 seems better though. Mike

Does the 090 have to use 1/2" pitch chain or can you run .404 or 3/8" on it? I see where the bars for the 084-MS880 don't fit it readily but can be drilled for an 090. Also do these come equipped with achain brake? I would be very afraid to run a saw of that size and power without one,
J.D.

Diesel JD said:
Does the 090 have to use 1/2" pitch chain or can you run .404 or 3/8" on it? I see where the bars for the 084-MS880 don't fit it readily but can be drilled for an 090. Also do these come equipped with achain brake? I would be very afraid to run a saw of that size and power without one,
J.D.

The 090 can run whatever pitch you want provided you have a rim drive. As for the 090G it will only run 1/2" or .404. That is unless you want to make one. I have both versions of the saws.

Bill

fishhuntcutwood said:
I'd agree with that!

Hey Andy, you think Bryce will part this out?

Nope, I think the fool wants to use it :D He's already got two other beautiful 90's (not "G"). I might twist his arm to move them on, although he already threatening to part them out. I figure that as long as he's busy selling 029 parts to homeowners, the 090's are safe... but if anyone even asks him for a part, they might be toast:)

Back