090G Did I Snooze and LOOSE?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The earlier 090's did not have a chainbrake. At some point they started putting chainbrakes on all of them. I don't know what year. I have an 090AV with no brake. Superman's pictures show a brake on his; as do the the later parts manuals.

The last versions of the saw featured a hand guard. The did not come with a chain break. The chain break for a 090 would have to be located in the clutch cover if it had been made. It would look alot like the quick stop breaks on a 051/075, 041, 031/32, or most huskies.
Travis

tkemble said:
The last versions of the saw featured a hand guard. The did not come with a chain break. The chain break for a 090 would have to be located in the clutch cover if it had been made. It would look alot like the quick stop breaks on a 051/075, 041, 031/32, or most huskies.
Travis

Thanks for the clarification. I've never seen an later 090 and had assumed that the hand guard was a chain brake. I learn something new every day here.

Back