1/2" and .325 Saw Chain For Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so I don't have to email everyone. The 1/2" pitch chain is chipper not chisel. As of right now I have 16 feet of it. I also have 4 presets and 5 side plates that will be included.

MotoBoyMatt said:
Just so I don't have to email everyone. The 1/2" pitch chain is chipper not chisel. As of right now I have 16 feet of it. I also have 4 presets and 5 side plates that will be included.

The vast majority of people here know that 10AC is chipper hence "AC" I have 9Ac which is the same is .058. I also has some of the 10A which is the full chisel. Now with that being said what do you need for the 10AC.

Bill

Bill G said:
The vast majority of people here know that 10AC is chipper hence "AC"
Bill

Several People had asked if the chain was chisel. Thanks for the info though. I think I'm going to end up posting the 1/2" on eBay because of the vast number of simultaneous inquires.

do i understand this correctly? you put the chain up for sale on this site, you get alot of replies about it, so u decide not to honor your post, u than decide to put it on ebay, and post the auction addy on your thread?

We usually go by the person who pm or posted first. I think you post is going to peev alot of people off that they wanted it and now they are going to have to fight over the chain.

Considering the recent incident where a post was deleted from the used equipment forum, it seems that it would be very helpful if a clearer policy was put forth about its use. Here's another example where I bet lots of people will feel the forum was incorrectly used, yet the first step in following rules is to have them written and communicated. Is there a rule that says exactly how long you have to allow before you then put it up on eBay? Is there a rule that says you can't tell that something is on eBay? Is there a rule that says when someone is using the forum too much for selling without being a sponsor? These are the kinda issues that are gonna make alot of people mad if they aren't clarified. If there are rules in place, where do I look for them? I didn't see a lot under the FAQs. Maybe I just don't know where to look.

Dan

Now what were some of you guys whining about when MotoBoy`s first posts were pulled? Weren`t some of you guys also saying that a moderator jumped the gun in pulling his posts, and that in fact MotoBoy had offered something of value here rather than just posting a free classified ad in a targeted market?

I agree with lesorubcheek that the rules need to be enhanced and clarified and MotoBoy is a perfect example of why.

Russ

DanManofStihl said:
We usually go by the person who pm or posted first. I think you post is going to peev alot of people off that they wanted it and now they are going to have to fight over the chain.

How do you determine who was first? First person to contact me or first person to make an offer? Or first person who actually puts the money down?

People were PM ing me asking how much the first guy offered and said they would pay a little more than that. No one actually made me an offer.

So considering that people were trying underhanded methods to steal this item from one another and that I couldn't determine a fair market price because noone made me an actual offer I feel eBay is the fairest way to sell this item.

lesorubcheek said:
Considering the recent incident where a post was deleted from the used equipment forum, it seems that it would be very helpful if a clearer policy was put forth about its use. Here's another example where I bet lots of people will feel the forum was incorrectly used, yet the first step in following rules is to have them written and communicated.

Dan

Dan, I could not agree more.

MotoBoyMatt said:
How do you determine who was first? First person to contact me or first person to make an offer? Or first person who actually puts the money down?

People were PM ing me asking how much the first guy offered and said they would pay a little more than that. No one actually made me an offer.

So considering that people were trying underhanded methods to steal this item from one another and that I couldn't determine a fair market price because noone made me an actual offer I feel eBay is the fairest way to sell this item.

Hey Matt, how does it come about that any potential buyers even know you had any offers, let alone offer to pay a little more . Especially in light of the fact that you claim you didn't even get any offers.

Vman said:
do i understand this correctly? you put the chain up for sale on this site, you get alot of replies about it, so u decide not to honor your post, u than decide to put it on ebay, and post the auction addy on your thread?

What part of my listing am I not honoring, I never promised the saw chain to anyone nor any price. The saw chain is still for sale and everyone will have a fair chance to buy it. I wish I had enough saw chain to make everyone happy but guess what, I don't. Nobody's ever always gonna be happy, if I gave the chain away to the first person who replied then others would be upset because they would've gladly payed for it.

re-read the first line in my post "do i understand this correctly?" apparently i do not, so my question has been answered..thank you

I never promised the saw chain to anyone nor any price. The saw chain is still for sale and everyone will have a fair chance to buy it.
if u never promised the saw chain to anyone nor gave a price, may i ask what your intention was with your add?
BTW, your chain is NOT still for sale, it is up for auction. there is a difference.

MacDaddy said:
I want the 1/2 chain PM me or email me Thanks Mike
Seems to me that Mike was willing to give you what you wanted for the 1/2 inch. Or is it that you were just a little slow to see that you probably could get more on E-Pay. I don't know how many PMs you got between the 22nd and the 26th, but he was the first to publicly say he wanted it. Or is it that you were trying to run your own little private auction that blew up in your face?

Chopwood said:
Seems to me that Mike was willing to give you what you wanted for the 1/2 inch. Or is it that you were just a little slow to see that you probably could get more on E-Pay. I don't know how many PMs you got between the 22nd and the 26th, but he was the first to publicly say he wanted it. Or is it that you were trying to run your own little private auction that blew up in your face?

Nothing blew up in anyone's face. I just wanted to get fair market value for the saw chain, I got tired of going back and forth with PM's with no one making an offer.

If I really wanted to be greedy/unethical about it I could've lied and made up offers and played one man against the other to drive the price sky high.

Did I do that? No I decided to let things play out publicly and fairly on eBay. If this forum wants to make more money maybe they should ad an auction feature. They'd get thier cut and everyone could quite complaining about misuse.

By the way is anyone who is actually interested in the saw chain feel I have done anything unfairly?

Latest posts

Back