1 ton bucket/chip truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tree MDS
i thought you threw straight cash at that pig? lol.

so whats up man. that thing love the snow or what?

Not too sure on the snow thing overall, but yesterday we managed to back it up to this 90' plus spruce on 4" or so of half ice/snow and it worked well - no problems.

Craziest thing I did with it yet was lowering (its got front and rear pto winches) down basically a cliff with the winch cable, foot trembling on the brake. Kind of like jeeping with a bucket. talk about a nail biter!

I think its got four wheel posi too, my buddy said I had all four spinning coming up this muddy rock from another smaller cliff type deal (was all part of this same job elevating trees for a view on a mountain).

The low range and locking hubs is so cool, sort of like a giant one ton.

"STUBS" likes intimidating other buckets at the gas station alot too, lol.

Last edited:
tree MDS
Prob not, but since you asked... mind disclosing the numbers?

Its 1200 a month lease for five years with 5% buyout. Truck was 50K with new motor, clutch, pony motor, cheap ass (but looks good) SM paintjob etc.

All said and done the truck will have cost me 76K or so, which is alot for me - but still its nice to have a bucket with some style, thats for sure, besides I dont need a 75 footer really, I got no problem climbing out for a little bit then getting back in.

Oh yeah, it came with b!tchin new alterrain tires too.

Last edited:
custom8726

custom8726

ArboristSite Guru
Its 1200 a month lease for five years with 5% buyout. Truck was 50K with new motor, clutch, pony motor, cheap ass (but looks good) SM paintjob etc.

All said and done the truck will have cost me 76K or so, which is alot for me - but still its nice to have a bucket with some style, thats for sure, besides I dont need a 75 footer really, I got no problem climbing out for a little bit then getting back in.

Oh yeah, it came with b!tchin new alterrain tires too.

Post a pic of that thing!! Im curious...

KYCUTTER

KYCUTTER

I have a F 550 with a 41ft wh lift and a chip box it is pretty handy.it also has a chipper mounted on the truck not very practical design I don't ever use it.I actually purchased it from Schmidys in Clinton Illinois about 5 years ago.I actually use this truck almost everyday.As far as it not being very effective it serves me very well.My truck is actually just like the one pictured earlier in the thread.I love it.Sometimes I do need a little more height but usually manage to work things out.

Last edited:

Latest posts