#10-24X1" $0.11

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you hit up a farm equipment supply/hardware store you can pick up normal sizes for a couple dollars a box.

Have you checked their shipping costs? I see they are one of those places which want you to add items to a cart, and then they give you the shipping quote.

Roy
I hadn't noticed that. I'll be careful.
I've been building a inventory of standard and metric for a while. It's nice to have a screw when you need it and not having to wait to finish a saw.

I went ahead and put together a cart of assorted fasteners...it came to about $20. The shipping to Maine for that order is $6.95. Pretty reasonable. Some of the fasteners in my order are hard to find locally.

I agree Clint, TSC has some great bolt deals....especially, the stuff they sell by the pound (Grade 3 to 8, from 1/4" to 1/2").

Roy

Thanks. I'll check them out. I'd rather have the hex heads instead of socket heads. More original to the Homelite's and Mac's.
These are 12-24 but you get the idea. 200 for dirt cheap and if you want to remove the plating Hand tool rescue shows how he does it.

Homelite enthusiast in training.
giphy.gif

Mcmaster carr is another place to get hardware, I buy most all my hardware from Lawson products.
Lawson hardware for the most part is USA or North American made hardware. My experience with
Fastenal is all there stuff is made in China or some other foreign country and is cheap crap.

Mcmaster carr is another place to get hardware, I buy most all my hardware from Lawson products.
Lawson hardware for the most part is USA or North American made hardware. My experience with
Fastenal is all there stuff is made in China or some other foreign country and is cheap crap.

I've bought from McMaster Carr several times. Never a problem.

Back