100 Degree Club 2017

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is chilly!!!! Good work!!!!

Been ice fishing up there with temps -25 to -30....

I doubt i will ever make 100 degree, unless i take temp in basement where stove is at. Hard to get the old house above 70 in main floor. Have gotten 90 in basement tho.

I made it on the mark last week. Then it dove deeper once the sun came up.

It was -31 this morning at 0400 and 70 in the house. It dropped to -40 at 0730.

That's why we have those electric vehicles up here.

How them heaters work in them electrical cars???? Lol

Lol

The only thing a block heater does is that it is an extra positive that it will start.

It's still bone cold when you start it.

At work they have a few rows of plug ins. As soon as the temp hits the teens I'm plugging in.

The only true vehicle heaters are the Espars and webastos for diesel pickups.

you realize that's like living in Siberia????

I have a lady friend in Bemidji and she tells me how cold it is up there all the time.....ouch!

It was 40 below here yesterday morning.

I live 12 miles north of Burrrrrrmidji.

Do those electric vehicles heat better?

Lol. It's a joke.

It's from the block heater cords hanging out of the front and the outlets on a lot of perimeters of parking lots.

I have had people ask if my vehicle was electric before when they saw the block heater plug in hanging out.

Lol

The only thing a block heater does is that it is an extra positive that it will start.

It's still bone cold when you start it.

At work they have a few rows of plug ins. As soon as the temp hits the teens I'm plugging in.

The only true vehicle heaters are the Espars and webastos for diesel pickups.

I don't bother to plug anything in unless it's below zero.
My worn out 1982 Chevy C30 dump truck started fine thus morning at -30*, it doesn't even have a block heater. Kinda sucked though, I told myself if it stsrted, I was working.. so I worked. (Outside)

Indoor temp was with the stove going dead, I woke up and filled it and took the picture. Got down to -32*
20170119_040958.jpg

Reminds me of an article I read about the 300 Club in Antarctica, where they sit in a +200 degree sauna at the research station there, and then run buck naked except for boots out into -100 degree temps to do a lap around the South Pole.

Latest posts

Back