100cc West Bend Powerhead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retoocs555

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a 100cc west bend. 61006.

Just the power unit, I think it came out of a monkey wards or a whitehead.

There carb that was on it is broken and 2 of the 4 tapped body mounts on the crankcase are broken out but the piston looks real clean through the exhaust and the compression feels good.

I'd like $1 per cc and I'll include shipping costs in that price within the lower 48.

Nice saw, they do clean up well:
attachment.php

Mike Maas said:
Nice saw, they do clean up well:
attachment.php

Do you know what make of saw you got there with the west bend in it?

The tank and other body parts bear a pretty good resemblance to what was originally on this power unit.

The one I have here can look just like that with a little elbow grease!

rupedoggy said:
That Art Martin saw is going to be at the Placerville show. There should be two or three other West Bends as well. Loggingshow.com

It sure looks good......but has it ever won any races?????

Mike Maas said:
Ken Dunn wrote:
"Art Martin is the expert on 820 west bends. for a number of years running he was the winner in the california state championships. He showed me a newspaper article where cut a 32 inch log in 6.8 seconds to win that year."

Gee Mike....I wonder if that's the same saw?

Last edited:
Mike Maas do you have any more pics of that saw to post up. It looks great.

Somewhere I seen this saw before. This one and a Whitehead Logger 120 all custom and souped up. Was these your saws? Very beautiful saws! Bob

looking for saw engine

Hi,
I'm looking for an engine for the West Bend chainsaw model 61006 for my dad. This would be a great Father's Day gift if anyone can tell me where I can get a hold of one of these. :chainsaw:

Thanks.

dabeargal,
Welcolme to the Arborist site!! DA Bears!
I can't help you by Father's Day, but I am going to have a Whitehead Logger 120, that uses the 820 West Bend for sale up for sale this fall.
I hope someone else will have one for you now. If he likes his West Bends,
I'm possitive he would be very excited to get one.
I'm assuming your a female. How did you decide on a West Bend saw?
GREAT CHOICE!!!!!! Bob

dabeargal,
Welcolme to the Arborist site!! DA Bears!
I can't help you by Father's Day, but I am going to have a Whitehead Logger 120, that uses the 820 West Bend for sale up for sale this fall.
I hope someone else will have one for you now. If he likes his West Bends,
I'm possitive he would be very excited to get one.
I'm assuming your a female. How did you decide on a West Bend saw?
GREAT CHOICE!!!!!! Bob

Bob.

I thought we talked about this earlier?

Bill

Bill,
When I'm ready to sell it, I'll give you the first shot. I'm looking for a bar for it now, I might be getting one before long. I tried to make the Jonsey bar work, but it's to narrow at the rear and it's not getting oil to the bar right.
The guy I talked to say's he might have one. But, he's on vacation for another week. The Minneapolis Moline with the 580 is going too!! I'll let you know. The Moline might be going on e-bay, that other one brought just over
1000.00 and it didn't run. But, it looked somewhat better (paint), but the tractor guy's go for them. Bob

Latest posts

Back