1184 replacement...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric howes

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for other sealants that will work for cylinder sealant that works and lasts as well as 1184/1194. What other sealants have you guys used and have good success with. I been trying this permatex brand sealant that says it's for case halfs and stuff that resists oil and fuel on my husqvarna 268 for the cylinder. The saw is acting funny and I'm thinking it might be the permatex. I get the carburetor adjusted to where it needs to be and make a few cuts then just saw acts as though it still needs to be adjusted like it has a air leak. So I'm wondering the permatex is the culprit.....

Ive only used permatex anaerobic sealer, cuz thats what i can get easiest locally. Same tube for over a year, and its still good. I THINK its the same as the loctite 518 listed above?

Yamabond 6 is 15.00 and up here dirko 16.00 or so.

I used this stuff, say on it for case halfs. I dabbed a small layer with my finger on it. Put it together waited a hour before I torqued the bolts down....

Attachments

• 20180212_114210.jpg
    20180212_114210.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 20180212_114210.jpg
    20180212_114210.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
I used this stuff, say on it for case halfs. I dabbed a small layer with my finger on it. Put it together waited a hour before I torqued the bolts down....

That wouldn't have been my choice at all. That is not really the fuel resistant type needed far as I know. Time to pressure test the saw to see for sure.

Should have asked this question earlier. :laugh:

Any auto parts that is a Permatex dealer can order the Motoseal for you. The one I used to order it for me the first time thought it was a good idea to order a few and keep at least a couple in stock and he said it sells pretty good so I just get it from there now.

Back