12" chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desertstar

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a new 12" chipper. We are looking at a Bandit 990xp, Carlton 1712, and a Vermeer bc 1000xl. Any thoughts and experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you are in the new market I would have all 3 come out on seperate days and demo thier's, I have an old vermeer chunk and duck and have been reading a lot of threads the vermeers are more abundunt used but have alot of bearing and drum shaft problems from listening to them all on You tube I like the bandit the best but have never ran any of the 12" machines I ran a 1400 bc 1500 and 1800xl with winches and loved them also a wodsman 17 witha winch, and hyd crusher loved it but was so load,
here is a link to a guy that demoed the mobark and the 990xp he bought the morbark because of service.

http://www.arboristsite.com/large-equipment/188085-2.htm

Hope this helps your decision,
Paul

We've run the Bandit 990XP for the past year and it awesome. Perfect mix between size and capacity for residential work. Only slightly heavier than the 90XP and waaay more productive. Had no problems so far. Ours has hydrolic crush which is handy but its hardly needed as the feed system works so well. Would highly recommend the 990

Latest posts

Back