1230 vermeer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidsinatree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I will be looking at a 1997 1230 vermeer with 750 hrs on it. Tell me if this is a good machine. What is it worth in good condition. It has a 4 cyl industriel gas ford motor. I think a 223 ci ? Does that sound right. I might be able to pick it up for $2500.00
No its not hot.

If it's not hot, the price sure is!

Watch out for the hours tho, it's probably not accurate... unless it was a Northern machine (SEG).

I looked at it today, it does run but needs carb work. Did not notice any smoke when running. Has a new clutch. Feed drums work. Needs some minor suspension work. Has elec brakes. 4 cyl ford sounds strong.
I think its to big to tow around with my pickup truck. It is a bit rough looking from mother nature but with a little tlc I think it will make someone a good chipper.
I'm probly going to pass on this one, If any one is interested in talking to this guy pm me. I'll give him your phone #.
Here are a few pics.:)

I was told it was out of minnesota, the frame looked to be good but the gas tank underneath had some rust going on. This guy is very service minded with changeing oil & greaseing service points.
It does need a few things addressed but I didnt notice anything major. I looked it over for about 45 min.

Also just fyi this is his back up if needed. His front line machine is a 1230 with a perkins......... I was drooling over that one!!!!!!
Im a big diesel buff anyway.:D

Boy that chipper looks mighty beat. But a reconditioned or good shape 1230 of that year and hours should be worth 8-12000. It looks to be a worthwhile project for someone.

I prefer my 250 Bandit to the Vermeer disc, but they are pretty reliable units.

I think it looks alot worse than it is... but hey, you guys know I'm a sucker for a welding project! ;)

Latest posts

Back