1250 Repaired

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arboles

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I picked my chipper up at the repair facility yesterday evening. The problem was a broken spring that had rusted real bad. I never use the Vermeer dealer here to do any repair work because they always try to take advantage of their customers. Example, When I first bought my chipper and couldn't get it started, I took it to Vermeer and they charged me $77.00 to tell me it had blow by. They then wanted to charge me another $200 to see what the problem was, and then charge me an outrageous amount to fix it. I took it to G & W Diesel service, the authorized Perkins warranty people, who told me in a matter minutes what the problem was, free of charge. It just so happend they had an almost new engine that came off a Fed Ex machine they gave me for $1500. Jasper wanted 4K for the same engine. Moral of the story? Beware of the Vermeer service managers! Your best interest isn't their concern, it's all your money they want!

Back