'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys
you can tell me the basic adjustment number of turns for carburetor adjustment screw
thanks

Mine was actually slightly too rich even with a MM. It was built in 2016, maybe Echo has caught on to the stock tuning? Or the Dealer I bought it from adjusted it...

I didn't change mine much went a 1/4 out on high after the muff mod and ended up working back in to almost ware it was with just the caps pulled and stock muff. Probly still a little rich but I'm not to worried about a few hundred RPMs. Got a new toy to play with at the moment.IMG_20170128_133233.jpg

Found the forum while looking for info on the Echo 60 cc saws. I have a few large live oaks that need to be cut and my Stihl 021 is not up to the task. With Stihl quality starting to slip and the high cost difference, I found myself talked into the CS-620PW for this task with the 27" bar. Has anyone heard about Echo dropping their price on these recently? Their website says one thing and the dealers are saying another. A dealer told me to call Echo CS and they said that the dealers can charge what they want but $579.99 - $599.99 is the MSRP. Any hopes that dealers will be lowering their prices?

Found the forum while looking for info on the Echo 60 cc saws. I have a few large live oaks that need to be cut and my Stihl 021 is not up to the task. With Stihl quality starting to slip and the high cost difference, I found myself talked into the CS-620PW for this task with the 27" bar. Has anyone heard about Echo dropping their price on these recently? Their website says one thing and the dealers are saying another. A dealer told me to call Echo CS and they said that the dealers can charge what they want but $579.99 - $599.99 is the MSRP. Any hopes that dealers will be lowering their prices?
How big is big. I'm in PA but I'll check with my dealer tomorrow and see what he says about the price drop.

How big is big. I'm in PA but I'll check with my dealer tomorrow and see what he says about the price drop.

51 x 60 best we could measure. I also help with a ministry at church where we have been cutting a lot of trees. Most of the time I'll use a 20" bar and keep the 021 for limbing. My hope is to do a little milling as I have 8 acres of mostly wooded property.

The 620P seems to be the best saw for the money. Fit my budget and I don't care about the names.

+2

I have a CS-590, CS-600p and recently acquired a CS-620PW. These saws are excellent and nothing out there currently offers more Professional features for the price. Best part is that if you are patient you can grab them up for great prices on Ebay, usually "out of the box" or missing a few parts, but never fueled.

Even with that said I would avoid a used one, even lightly used as there will be a good chance it has P/C damage from being too lean. These saws require that the limiter caps be removed and fine tuned before taking them to the woods. Every single one I've had in here was WAY too lean for my liking, and they would have "smoked" the P/C if left that way.....IMHO.....Cliff

Thanks for the info Cliff. I read the all 101 pages of this thread prior to making a decision. I'll make sure it is tuned prior to use. It looks like the 40:1 mixture is the better thing to put in as well. I see varying thoughts on the pre-mixed gas. I like the idea that it is ethanol free with a higher octane. I was thinking of going with it at least to start with. I'm not running the saw for a living but I live a 1/2 mile off a paved road and after storms, there is usually a tree that needs clearing so I want it to start everytime.

I run and recommend a 40 to 1 mix, but no need to avoid ethanol in the fuel. The key to making that deal work is to make sure that you have adjusted the saw to provide plenty of fuel for best power w/o being lean on the fuel you plan on using in it. It should be "four stroking" nicely at no load, then clean up as soon as load is applied.

When you are done with the saw for the season, or don't plan on using it for a while (3 months or longer), get it running, dump the tank, and allow it to continue to run until it shuts down. It will be fine next time you go to use it, just re-fill with fresh mix and get to cutting. The worst problem you will having doing this is maybe 1-2 extra pulls to re-prime the carb and fuel system.......Cliff

So my saw was ordered through a local dealer and I finally received confirmation that the 27" is indeed $569.99 now. To top it off, they are having a customer appreciation day next week and I am getting 20% off. The pretax price is now $455.99! Best deal I could work out. :happybanana:

Wow I paid $399 for my 590 that's a great buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So far I have bought all of mine from Ebay with free shipping. They were all new and never been fueled, one was out of the box, the other two in their original box, all were complete, and all were 20" bars.

Paid $335 for the CS-590, $430 for the CS-600P and $470 for the CS-620PW. There was a bonus with the CS-620PW, it cam with a new set of mower blades!......Cliff

Latest posts

Back